Thursday, May 13, 2010

Artsplosure Gets an A+

If you happen to be in the Raleigh area this coming weekend, you definitely won't want to miss Artsplosure, an annual arts festival taking place in Moore Square.

 

They have a bunch of different things going on, including my personal favorite, the Art Market. There are tons of artists selling paintings, pottery, jewelry, etc., all of whom have been selected by a juried panel. This has become my go-to place for gifts for my mom, but since she'll be visiting this year, I'll be bringing her along instead!

Need added incentive to head over there? This year's festival also includes the world premier of Mirazozo by Architects of Air, a huge luminarium that will take over City Plaza. The photos from their other installations look incredible and I can't wait to see this one in person!

One of my very best friends, D, works for the nonprofit that organizes the whole thing and he's been doing an incredible job, so I know that this year's will be even more fantastic than those in the past. Bottom line: Artsplosure is amazing and sure to make for an incredible weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment