Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Currently Craving


This past weekend, while visiting my lovely friends Chelsea and Liesl in Charleston, I had a truly fabulous time. We spent plenty of time sitting at the beach (and getting thrown around by the waves), sampling delicious food, doing some shopping (TJ Maxx and Marshall's/Home Goods have massive, well-stocked stores right near each other. Dangerous!), seeing some live music, and catching up.

Although I would be hard pressed to choose my favorite food from the weekend (aside from the box of frozen cream puffs we devoured...), my favorite drink was potentially the best iced tea I've ever tasted. Since moving to the south, I've learned that such things are an art form, much more serious than the Lipton variety I grew up with in Connecticut.

The secret ingredient behind this particular variety? Cinnamon. Even though I got the unsweetened version (very un-Southern of me), it was so flavorful that I didn't need to add any sugar. It was wonderfully refreshing and perfect for a hot summer day.

I already have plans to recreate this at home, with my fingers crossed that it turns out even half as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment