Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A+ Picks: Summer Tops

As the summer heat has continued on, I've found myself wanting a few new tops to add some new spice to my wardrobe. Since it can be well into the 100's for days at a time here in NC, having things that are comfortable, breathable, and not too tight are crucial.

Here are some of my current favorites...

I spied this top last night at Old Navy and love the sheer, lightweight fabric and the metallic detailing. I also love that it's work appropriate but can transition easily to a more casual outfit. They also have a 3/4-sleeve version that I adore and decided to go with instead, but for some reason they don't have it up on the website quite yet.

I'm also head-over-heels for this shirt by Merona. I wore it to work and then out for cocktails the other day with a plum-colored skirt and got lots of compliments. It also has really soft fabric, which I love.

Lastly, a slight variation on my go-to white t-shirt. While it's a bit late to wear it to any 4th of July celebrations, they also have it in several other color combinations. I think it would be perfect for a more casual office setting, or to look a bit more pulled-together on the weekends. Have I mentioned that I'm also a sucker for a good rolled sleeve? That plus the stripes and I'm basically in t-shirt heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment