Monday, July 26, 2010

Simple Studs Get an A+

Happy Monday! I had a fabulous time in Charleston and I hope your weekends were similarly wonderful. I'm already dreaming up fun plans for this coming weekend to make the next few days go by even more quickly.
Recently I've had earrings on the brain, perhaps because I've lost several in the past few weeks (one while rafting and one... somewhere in our house?). After going through a major chandelier and dangly-earring phase (with some embarrassingly large faux pearls thrown in for good measure...), lately I'm loving small studs instead. My recent favorites have been super-neutral, like tiny pearls and silver shapes like the owls I'm currently wearing, which I can easily leave on for days at a time.

When it comes to jewelry, I really like to have some basics that stay fairly constant, like thin, stackable rings, a classic watch, and these earrings, and then add a main focal piece with a statement necklace or bracelet.

While this definitely isn't everyone's strategy, I've found that it works well for me and helps to take the guess work out of getting dressed!

Here are some of the earrings I'd currently love to add to my collection:


I love that these are so neutral but with a bit of shine and texture. These are definitely earrings that could go with nearly any outfit.


These are so lovely and feminine and remind me of springtime in NC.


A combination of an old favorite and a new one- flowers and a nice, deep plum color.


A subtle bit of sunshine.


A nice graphic element.


Two birds on a wire. So sweet and unexpected.

1 comment:

  1. OMG I have those plum flower earrings but in light blue, and I didn't get a chance to wear them this weekend! I love them, but they're a little bulky.

    ReplyDelete